Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thing #19

Voicethread is not one of my favorite tools. It's probably due to experiences with the tool in the past. It is often used in connection with the presentation of important information. I think you have to be careful when using this tool with students because it tends to lend itself to the Ferris Bueller method of teaching "Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone, anyone". Hopefully you have seen the movie to understand the reference. I feel it is easy to make the information very dry if you're not careful and that is the last thing our current generation of students need. I'm sure there are ways to spice up a presentation using voicethread, but as I searched, I found more dry presentations than engaging presentations. By the way, here's a trailer to the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s-oGumvPz0

2 comments: